KIRKBY LONSDALE 03B - Underley Hall School
Aerial view of Underley Hall School, Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria.
This fine building was built in the 1820s for Alexander Nowell MP to a design by George Webster. The house was extended in the 1870's by Paley and Austin for The Earl of Bective. It is considered to be one of the first great houses of the Jacobean revival.
Since 1940 the building has been used as a school and a junior seminary for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lancaster. It is currently an independent residential special school.
May 26, 2013
This image is the property of Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH uk) All Rights Reserved
Mpixels (46 MB uncompressed) - 4928x3264 pixels (16.4x10.8 in / 41.7x27.6 cm at 300 ppi)